When Leaders Speak
Get heard. Get remembered. Get results.
Based on Paul’s latest book, You’ve Got 8 Seconds: Communication Secrets for a Distracted World
- Your organization can’t afford all the meetings, presentations—and even emails—that lack focus.
- Your communication skills can make or break your career.
- Get heard, get remembered & get results—every time you speak.
- Sharpen your message with 1) focus, 2) variety, and 3) presence.
1) Focus—because attention spans are short, and getting shorter.
- Understand what your audience is really thinking: they’ve got 3 key questions
- Quickly design any message (formal or informal) using 3 powerful techniques
- Give the right amount of detail to the right audiences
2) Variety—because predictable doesn’t work.
- Learn 10 ways to capture attention in the first 30 seconds
- Tell fast, compelling, business-relevant stories
- Engage others with smart, thought-provoking questions
3) Presence—because part of the message is you.
- Assess yourself on 10 dimensions of presence
- Increase your presence and your impact
- Look confident, even when you don’t feel it; avoid 4 common confidence mistakes
Executives and professionals who need to inform, influence and inspire others. Every day.