When Leaders Speak
Get heard. Get remembered. Get results.
Based on Paul's latest book: "You've Got 8 Seconds . . .
Communication Secrets for a Distracted World" (2017)
- What matters—more than what you say—is what others hear, remember and act on.
- Your organization can't afford the productivity that's lost, everyday, from communication that lacks focus or engagement.
- Your communication skills can make or break your career.
- Get heard, get remembered & get results—every time you speak.
- Sharpen your message with 1) focus, 2) variety, and 3) presence.
1) Focus—because attention spans are short, and getting shorter.
Understand what your audience is really thinking: they've got 3 key questions
Quickly design any message (formal or informal) using 3 powerful techniques
Identify your main message in 10 words or less
Give the right amount of detail to the right audiences
Learn the most effective way to begin meetings, presentations, and 1-1 conversations
2) Variety—because predictable doesn't work.
Use the #1 rule about attention
Learn 10 ways to capture attention in the first 30 seconds
Tell fast, compelling, business-relevant stories
Engage others with smart, thought-provoking questions
Stop speaking; instead, create a dialogue to get buy-in
3) Presence—because part of the message is you.
Assess yourself on 10 dimensions of presence
Increase your presence and your impact
Recognize the message you're sending (often without realizing it)
Look confident, even when you don't feel it; avoid 4 common confidence mistakes
Speak the "language of commitment"
Executives and professionals who need to inform, influence and inspire others. Every day.
:: back to top ::