Increase Your POWER™
It’s tempting to avoid difficult conversations at work. They feel risky.
But there's often a risk in not having these conversations:
- Poor performance goes uncorrected (the other person may not even know there's a problem).
- At meetings, people withhold their ideas, and their true opinions.
- Agreements that are reached lack real buy-in.
- Problems are allowed to go on, and on, and on.
The issue then, is how to conduct these conversations with skill.
In this program, you’ll learn:
- A practical, easy-to-remember, 5-step methodology to effectively manage these conversations, from beginning to end.
- 3 questions you can use to prepare for the conversation that will dramatically improve your success (prep time: less than 5 minutes).
- How to open the conversation by immediately engaging the other person.
- 3 skills to improve your listening.
- How to explain your perspective—in a way that gets heard.
- 4 techniques to boost your resolve and confidence.
- 5 different ways to deal with conflict so that you don't get stuck with one style.
And you'll have the chance to practice these skills, and jumpstart your next challenging conversation.
These conversations will always be challenging. But this workshop will increase your competence, confidence—and POWER.
:: back to top ::